Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-I) is a reasoning test. SAT-I especially focuses on verbal (English) and mathematics. The SAT-I score helps students to compare reasoning abilities and academic strength which will help him/her in deciding whether he/she needs to take an additional courses or do more independent study to succeed in American colleges/Universities for the Undergraduate level.
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-II) is a subject Test. The test measures a candidate’s Knowledge of a particular subject and ability to apply that Knowledge. SAT-II scores are required by colleges/Universities of the USA where admissions/Scholarships are very Competitive.
SAT Testing Area
The Critical Reading Section
Two type of questions in the critical reading section:
- Sentence completion questions ask you to fill in the blanks with the best word or phrase to complete a sentence.
- Reading Comprehension Questions ask you to answer the questions with the information asked in the passage.
The Writing Section
Three type of questions on the writing skill Section
- Identifying Sentence-Error Questions ask you to spot errors in sentences not to fix them.
- Improving Sentence Questions ask you to spot the form of a sentences that works best.
- Improving Paragraph Questions ask you to rewrite, combine or reorder sentences to produce a batter-organized argument.
The Mathematical Section
Two type of questions on the mathematic Section:
- Multiple Choice Questions are designed to test basic mathematical skills, understanding of elementary mathematical concepts and the ability to solve problems.
- Grid-in Questions too test the elementary mathematical skills of students but there are no choices given. The test questions require you to determine answers and enter them in special grids.
|Writing Skills||49 Questions||60 Minutes|
|Mathematics||67 Questions||70 Minutes|
|Critical Reading||54 Questions||70 Minutes|
|Essay||1 Questions||25 Minutes|
- SAT measures writing, reading and mathematical skills.
- It is for undergraduate programs.
- It is a paper-based test.
- The registration fee is $ 62.50 (but not constant).
- The test takes 3 hours and 45 minutes.
- The total score of the SAT is 2,400.
- The score is valid for 2 years.
- The score will be announced within 20 to 30 days of the test day.